- 4 red ripe tomatoes 1 teaspoon Jeera 2 green chillies (peppers) 2 tablespoons grated fresh coconut a pinch of hing (asafoetida) 1 teaspoon sugar salt to taste 1 tablespoon ghee (unsalted butter)
A mildly flavoured curry with a tangy blast of Tomatoes with the rich creamy texture of grated fresh coconut. The vibrant red orange colour is sure to remind you of the Tomatio festival. Its great with plain boiled rice, accompanied with some crisp french fries, or potato/onion pakoras/bhajias, or papads.
- Boil the tomatoes alongwith the coconut in a pressure cooker. Grind it to a fine puree.
- Sieve it.
- Heat Ghee, add hing, jeera, and allow it to splutter.
- Add slit green chillies, sieved tomato coconut mixture, salt & sugar.
- Garnish with a sprig of coriander.