- 1 cup fine rice powder
- ¼ cup water
- A pinch of sugar
- A pinch of carom seeds
- A pinch of salt
- 1 green chilly finely chopped
- 2 teaspoon grated coconut
- 1 teaspoon grated coriander
Rice Bhakri is a staple food and is a very popular dish in the state of Maharashtra. The ingredients are easy to find and it takes less than 30 minutes to prepare this dish. It goes well with lots of vegetables, especially dishes like Pithale and gravy dishes.
- Mix all the ingredients together in a bowl to a thick pasty consistency (similar to a thalipeeth).
- Adjust the water as needed. Add more if it is too dry.
- Heat a non-stick tawa (pan) and apply a thin layer of oil on it.
- Dip your fingers in cold water and take a lump of batter. Keep it on the tawa. Spread it into thin round bhakri on the pan
- Cover the pan till done. Then, flip it on the other side.