- 1 Cup grated coconut 2 cloves of garlic 2 teaspoon red chilli powder A small piece of tamarind Salt to taste A pinch of sugar
This red garlic (lasun/ lehsun) chutney requires no cooking. Just mix all the ingredients in a mixer jar and your tasty chutney is ready in two minutes. Chutney is basically a type of thick masala paste that can be compared to the western concept of ketchups but with a more granular feel. Tastes great with any south Indian snack like dosa, utthapam, idli, medhu vada etc, or any dish that needs spicing up.
- Grind all the ingredients to a coarse paste in a mixer jar with ¼ cup water.
- Your red garlic (lasun/ lehsun) chutney is ready to eat.
- It tastes great with chapathi or roti or any south Indian snack like dosa, utthapam, idli, medhu vada etc. Preparing vegetables or bhaji’s can be boring sometimes so making these tasty chutneys are not only convenient but a needed change in routine cuisine for the family.
- The chutney below is light coloured as I prefer to use low levels of chilli powder and garlic for low heat/ spicyness. You can add 1/2 teaspoon extra chilli powder and a 2 extra cloves of garlic.