- 2 cups atta (wheat flour) 1 cup radish grated 1 teaspoon ajwain (carom seeds) 1 tablespoon adrak / ginger grated 2 green chillies (peppers) finely chopped 2 tablespoons dhaniya / coriander leaves ¼teaspoon turmeric (haldi) powder 1 teaspoon oil ½ teaspoon sakhar/chini / sugar Salt to taste ½ teaspoon amchur powder (dry mango powder for sour taste) Ghee (unsalted butter) to taste
A staple bread from the north of India made with a stuffing of radish, it is called mooli paratha. This bread (roti/tortilla) is made with mooli / radish vegetable stuffing and is a complete meal in itself. Best served with a bowl of curd (yoghurt), Raita (salad), butter/ dips or various types of pickle.
- Make a soft dough of atta with salt, oil and water. Keep aside for ½ hour.
- Divide it into 6 to 8 balls.
- Mix all the other ingredients (except Ghee) properly. This will be used as stuffing.
- Now take a dough ball, roll it into flat small rounds. Place some stuffing in the centre and collect the edges to close and wrap around the stuffing. Press it flat, and roll it again into a disc.
- Roast on a tava (frying pan) with generous quantity of ghee on both sides.
- Mooli ka paratha is best served with a bowl of curd (yoghurt), Raita (salad), butter/ dips or various types of pickle.