- ½ kg paneer or cottage cheese(available in the market) 2 medium onions chopped 2 medium tomatoes chopped 2 green chillies chopped 1 teaspoon cumin seeds (jeera) ½ teaspoon turmeric powder 1 teaspoon chilli powder 1 teaspoon roasted cumin powder 1 teaspoon kasoori methi (fenugreek powder) Salt to taste a pinch of sugar coriander leaves for garnishing
Paneer or cottage cheese is a very rich source of proteins. The leftovers can be grilled in the sandwich and served for breakfast or in the tiffin.
- Paneer can be made by splitting the milk. Boil 1 liter milk, add the juice of ½ lemon .The milk will immediately spilt, boil the milk for 3 more minutes until the paneer is totally separated from the whey.
- Use a strainer to dispose of the whey. The paneer is now ready.
- Chop/ mince/ scramble the paneer to make it granular.
- Heat oil, add the jeera/ cumin seeds and allow them to splutter.
- Add onions and green chillies and fry well till the onions become golden.
- Add tomatoes and fry well. Add the paneer & fry well for 5 minutes.
- Now add the turmeric powder, chilli powder , cumin powder, salt and sugar.
- Sprinkle kasoori methi powder and cook for 5 minutes. Garnish with coriander leaves.
Optional: My recipe is without garlic-ginger paste. If you prefer you can add 1 teaspoon garlic-ginger paste while frying the onions.