- 1 cup whole masoor or masoor dal 1 pinch of hing/ asafoetida ½ teaspoon mustard seeds ½ teaspoon goda masala 1 teaspoon grated jaggery 1 tablespoon tamarind pulp 5-6 curry leaves 1 teaspoon grated coconut ½ teaspoon dry red chilly powder 1 kokum peel Coriander/ cilantro leaves for garnishing Salt to taste
Vegetarian rice lovers need a curry to go along with it. Normal dal can get boring if eaten repeatedly so a variation to your masoor dal / red lentils curry can make your menu exciting.
This Masoor Amti is a part of the Maharashtrian cuisine, subtle in flavour yet very tasty.
Masoor or Masoor dal is not very popular in all regions and so its time you discovered how to enhance its taste by trying out this great Maratha Amti recipe.
- Cook the whole masoor/ masoor dal / red lentils well.
- Heat oil in a pan. Add hing & mustard seeds. When they crackle, add curry leaves.
- Add the cooked masoor/ masoor dal.
- Now add tamarind pulp, Marathi goda masala, chilly powder, jaggery, salt, kokum peel & ¼ cup water.
- Finally add the coconut and coriander leaves.