- 2 cups gawar bean pods broken into 2 – 3 pieces 1 cup curd whisked 1 tablespoon coriander powder 2 teaspoon dry red kashmiri chilly powder 2 teaspoon besan flour 1 teaspoon jeera ½ teaspoon mustard seeds 1 pinch of hing/ asafoetida 1 tablespoon fennel seeds/ saunf 6 curry leaves 2 tablespoons oil ¼ cup water ¼ teaspoon jaggery Salt to taste
Gawarfali is a simple vegetable preparation without garlic and onion which you will not find in any restaurant.
Also known as Chidki-Midki in Marathi.
Everyone expects to enjoy only curried vegetables with thick gravies, but these are not always good for your waistline. Here’s a great way to avoid those curries and have a healthy & tasty green veggie.
- Pressure cook the gawar phalli till done.
- In a bowl mix together curd, besan, chilli powder, coriander powder will.
- Heat oil in a pan, add mustard seeds and allow them to crackle, then add hing, jeera & saunf and wait for jeera to splutter.
- Add curd mixture, curry leaves & ¼ cup water and cook it over slow flame till gravy is cooked.
- Add gawar phalli, jaggery and cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Serve hot.