- 1 bunch of Shepu/ Dill veggie chopped finely
- ½ cup moong dal (soaked in water for 15 minutes)
- 2 green chillies slit
- ½ teaspoon mustard seeds
- ½ cup water
- 1 pinch of hing/ asafoetida
- 2 kokum peels
- 1 tablespoon grated coconut
- 1 pinch of sugar
- Salt to taste
This green leafy vegetable has a strong flavour & fragrance which needs to be cultivated. The Shepu bhaji/ Dill leafy vegetable combined with Moong dal/ split green gram give is a new flavour.
- Wash the dill properly and discard the stem. Chop finely the leaves.
- Heat oil in a pan and add mustard seeds. Allow them to crackle then add hing/ asafoetida and green chillies.
- Add dill leaves, moong dal (presoaked in water for 15 minutes) & half cup water. Cook till both dal and dill are cooked and the water is absorbed.
- Add salt, sugar & kokum & mix well.
- Finally garnish with grated coconut.