- 250 gm ghosale/ ridged gourd cut into pieces 2 green chillies slit 1 tablespoon moong dal ½ teaspoon garam masala 1 tablespoon grated coconut 1 kokum peel 1 teaspoon mustard seeds 1 pinch of hing/ asafoetida 1 pinch of sugar Salt to taste
A simply cooked ridged gourd preparation with minimum oil usage, healthy and provides good fibre content.Ridged gourd / Ghosale is available in the monsoons make a distinctly more tasty bhaji. The green chillies/peppers and the moong dal add life to this otherwise bland veggie.
- Soak moong dal for 10-15 minutes
- Heat oil in a pan and add mustard seeds & hing and allow it to crackle. Then add the slit green chillies and fry a little
- Add the ghosale/ ridge gourd & moong dal and cook
- Lastly add the garam masala (easily available in most Indian stores), salt, sugar and the kokum peel.
- Garnish with grated coconut.
- The ghosalyachi bhaji is ready to serve.