- 2 cups grated cucumber
- ½ cup roasted crushed peanuts
- 2 greeen chillies chopped finely
- 1 tsp jeera
- 1 tbsp grated coconut
- Salt to taste
- A pinch of sugar
- 1 tsp lemon juice a pinch of hing or asafetida
- Oil for tempering
- Coriander leaves for garnishing
This refreshing summer salad is simple to make. Koshimbir is an Indian word which means ‘Salad.’ Enjoy the cool and delicious taste of this entry dish in the hot summer heat.
- Grate the cucumber and discard the excess water by pressing it with your palm.
- In a bowl mix together the grated cucumber, the crushed peanuts, green chillies, salt and sugar.
- In a tempering pan add oil and once it is hot add jeera and then the hing.
- Pour the tempering on the cucumber mixture.
- Now add the lemon juice and the coconut and mix well.
- Garnish with coriander leaves.
- You can grind the jeera and the green chillies together for better flavor.