- 2 cups atta (wheat flour) 1 cup cauliflower grated ½ cup onion finely chopped 1 tablespoon ginger grated 1 tablespoon garlic finely chopped 2 green chillies (peppers) finely chopped 1 teaspoon amchur (dry mango powder for sour taste) 1 teaspoon cumin seed (jeera) powder ½ teaspoon sugar 1 tablespoon coriander leaves ¼ teaspoon haldi (turmeric) powder Salt to taste 1 teaspoon oil Ghee to taste
A staple bread from the north of India made with a stuffing of cauliflower, it is called gobhi paratha. This bread (roti/tortilla) is made with gobhi vegetable stuffing and is a complete meal in itself. Best served with a bowl of curd (yoghurt), Raita (salad), butter/ dips or various types of pickle.
- Make a soft dough of atta with salt, oil and water. Keep aside for ½ hour.
- Divide it into 6 to 8 balls.
- Mix all the other ingredients including cauliflower(except Ghee) properly. This will be used as stuffing.
- Now take a dough ball, roll it into flat small rounds. Place some stuffing in the centre and collect the edges to close and wrap around the stuffing. Press it flat, and roll it again into a disc.
- Roast on a tava (frying pan) with generous quantity of ghee on both sides. The Paratha bread is ready.
- Best served with a bowl of curd (yoghurt), Raita (salad), butter/ dips or various types of pickle.