- INGREDIENTS: 1 cup grated coconut ½ cup chopped coriander leaves ¼ mint leaves or pudina leaves 2 green chillies Salt to taste A pinch of sugar A small piece of tamarind
This green mint (pudina) chutney requires no cooking. Just mix all the ingredients in a mixer jar and your tasty chutney is ready in two minutes. Chutney is basically a type of thick masala paste that can be compared to the western concept of ketchups but with a more granular feel. Tastes great with any south Indian snack like dosa, utthapam, idli, medhu vada etc, or any dish that needs spicing up.
- Grind all the ingredients to a coarse paste in a mixer jar with ¼ cup water.
- Your green pudina / mint chutney is ready to eat.
- It tastes great with chapathi or roti or any south Indian snack like dosa, utthapam, idli, medhu vada etc.
- Preparing vegetables or bhaji’s can be boring sometimes so making these tasty chutneys are not only convenient but a needed change in routine cuisine for the family.