- 3 large boiled potatoes
- 100 gms paneer (cottage cheese) crumbled
- 2 chopped onions
- 6-8 cloves of garlic (optional)
- 1 teaspoon jeera (cumin seed) powder
- 1 teaspoon dhania (coriander seed) powder
- 1 teaspoon black pepper powder
- 2 green chillies chopped finely
- 2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon bread crumbs or roasted chana powder
- ¼ cup chopped red & yellow bell peppers
- Salt to taste
- 1 tablespoon bread crumbs for rolling
- Coriander leaves & mint leaves chopped finely
SHIKAMPURI KEBABS OR CUTLETS
- Grate the potatoes and keep them in a bowl.
- Add crumbled paneer (cottage cheese), jeera (cumin seed) powder, dhania (coriander seed) powder, black pepper powder, salt, green chillies, lemon juice and mix in the bread crumbs or roasted chana powder.
- Add the finely chopped red & yellow bell peppers, coriander & mint leaves. Mix and knead it well. Make round and flat “tikkis” or “kebabs” or “cutlets”.
- Roll them in a plate of bread crumbs & shallow fry till brown.
- Serve it with pudina (mint leaves) chutney.
Tips: the greatest kebabs are those that are soft and tender inside but crisp outside. Take care while flipping the sides during frying to ensure they don’t break/crumble.