- 1 cup fove/ poha/ beaten rice ¼ cup grated coconut 1 tablespoon sugar 2 teaspoons water 1 pinch of salt 1 pinch elaichi / cardamom powder optional 1 green chilly broken
This variety of preparing beaten rice/ Pohe/ Pova/ Fove is unbelieveably easy to make, tasty & filling as well as healthy too. Mildly sweet, common in the Goan state as evening snacks.
- Wash the beaten rice, drain off the water and keep it aside for 10-15 minutes.
- Mix salt, sugar, water with grated coconut, to make the filling.
- Now mix the above filling with the beaten rice and add green chilly to it.
- The Kalaylle fove is ready to be served.