- •200g French beans (farasbee)
- •2 green chillies (peppers) chopped finely
- •½ inch ginger grated
- •1 large cup curd (unsweetened youghurt)
- •1 tablespoon oil
- •½ teaspoon sugar
- •1 teaspoon roasted jeera (cumin seed) powder
- •Salt to taste
- •Coriander sprigs for garnishing
A refreshing salad made in curd/ yoghurt, Farasbee raita is a complete meal in itself, and can also be eaten as a main course along with roti/ chapatti/ parathas/ breads.
- Chop the French beans (farasbee)into thin round slices.
- Heat the oil in a kadai (pan). Fry the French beans alongwith green chillies & ginger until the vegetable is crisp. Add salt.
- In a separate bowl whisk the curd, add salt & sugar.
- To the above add the French beans prepared and mix well.
- Sprinkle the cumin powder and garnish with coriander leaves.