- 2 cups chopped dill/shepu chi bhaji 1 cup raw rice ½ cup jaggery 1 cup grated coconut Ghee to fry Salt to taste
DILL PAN CAKES / SHEPU CHE POLEY/ DILL DOSAS
A pan cake/ shepu dosa with a difference, this contains an aromatic green leafy veggie rich in iron. It is also fortified with Jaggery which is also rich in iron. Children will love the colour, aroma and the sweet taste of this “Shepu che Poley”
Our family enjoys this as an evening snack.
- Soak the rice in water for 2 to 3 hours
- Grind together the chopped dill, soaked raw rice, jaggery, grated coconut to a dropping consistency.
- Keep it to ferment is fro about 6 to 8 hours.
- Add salt & make small dosas on a non-stick tava pan only. Cover and cook it only on one side.
- These poley/ dosas / pan cakes tend to stick to the pan so compulsorily make these pan cakes on a non-stick pan.
- Once cooked open the cover and turn it on the other side and fry lightly till done.
- Serve the Dill Dosas hot. These make a great combination with Chiwda.