- 3 potatoes boiled and cut into pieces 3 onions sliced 2 tomatoes chopped 5 to 6 curry leaves 3 green chillies A pinch of asafoetida 1 teaspoon mustard seeds ¼ teaspoon urad dal ¼ teaspoon methi seeds 1 teaspoon coriander powder 1 teaspoon roasted cumin powder 1 teaspoon turmeric powder Salt to taste ½ teaspoon sugar
A simple, traditional and extremely popular potato preparation, mild on the tongue and very tasty. Common to all parts of the globe, potato forms a very integral part of many cuisines. This particular style is used as a stuffing in Masala Dosa and various other types of Dosas.
- Mix salt, sugar, coriander powder, cumin powder and turmeric powder in 2 tablespoon water.
- Apply this paste to chopped potatoes and leave it for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Heat oil /ghee and add asafoetida and mustard seeds. Allow the mustard seeds to splutter/ crackle.
- Then add slit green chillies , urad dal , curry leaves and methi seeds.
- Add in the onions and fry till they are golden colour.
- Add tomatoes and fry for 5 min.
- Lastly add the potatoes.
- Garnish with coriander leaves.
- Place a ladleful of the potato bhaji in the middle of the dosa & wrap the dosa around it to make a masala dosa.