- 2 tablespoons butter 2 ½ tablespoon maida/ refined flour 2 cups milk Salt & pepper to taste
White sauce is a popular ingredient used in many recipes such as vegetable au gratin etc., and this is an easy way to make it perfectly. It adds a creamy and cheesy flavor to your recipes. Very popular ingredient in Italian cuisine too and pastas, soups etc. Some even prefer to use it as topping or dressing on salads, or as a dip.
- Melt the butter in a pan, add the refined flour and fry for 3 minutes on a slow flame, taking care that it should not turn brown.
- Remove from the heat and gradually add the milk. Use a whisker to mix well. Blend the mixture well to get a even homogenous mass.
- Keep the pan on the flame and cook slowly while stirring continuously to avoid any formation of lumps.
- A thick sauce is formed. Add salt and black pepper powder as per your taste.
- If the sauce is too thick, add a little water or milk and cook.
1) Do not panic if the sauce turns out lumpy. Simply transfer it to a blender and run for 30 seconds. Once you try preparing the sauce a couple of times you will easily master it.