- 500 gms dry red Bedgi chillies 80 gms haldi /turmeric 20 gms/ 2 tablespoons khuskhus (poppy seeds) 2 jaiphal 1 teaspoon black peppercorns 10 gms/ 1 tablespoon cloves ¼ cup coriander seeds
GOAN SAMAR – GOAN SPICE CURRY POWDER
This Goan spice powder is stored in every Goan household. The spice mix / garam masala is mixed with rice powder/coarse rice flour and applied to slices of veggies to get Fodi/ crispies/ chips/ fries.
The Pednekar garam masala is the more stronger that the normal Goan Samar and used while preparing non-veg dishes too. Just roast grated coconut & onions to brown and grind to a fine paste. Add the garam masala / curry powder and apply to shellfish such as clams, crabs etc and it makes a tasty dish.
- Put a few drops of oil on a hot tawa/pan roast the chillies.
- Put them in a bowl.
- Then roast each ingredient & reserve in the bowl.
- Grind the above masala in a mixer-grinder to a fine powder. Sieve to get a fine powder.
- Grind any coarse residue again to get a fine homogenous powder.
- The Goa curry powder/ mix spice powder/ garam masala/ Goan samar is ready to store and use.
Tip: For best aroma & flavour, use fresh spices and store in airtight containers.