- 6 eggs tablespoons of milk 3 carrots chopped finely 1oo gms French beans cut into small pieces 2 capsicums cut into pieces Chicken or prawns (optional) Spring onions chopped finely 1 tablespoon tomato sauce 1 tablespoon soya sauce 8 to 10 garlic chopped finely 1 teaspoon pepper powder Salt to taste
Ordinary omlettes with just onions and tomatoes can be monotonous. Stuffing it with juicy fillings and giving it an oriental name can make it a more exciting meal for all. Chicken Fuyong simply means Chicken omlette in Chinese. Shanghai Omlette can be either a side or a main meal item as it is loaded with veggies.
- Wash and shred the vegetables. Add salt to prawns or chicken.
- Heat oil and fry the chopped garlic till light brown.
- Add the chopped vegetables and sauté them on high flame.
- Add salt, tomato sauce, soya sauce. Now add the chicken or prawns. Reserve this.
- Break 2 eggs in a bowl and add two tablespoon milk.
- Beat the eggs till fluffy. Add salt and pepper powder.
- Heat oil and pour a portion of the egg mixture on the tawa/ pan to form omelette.
- Turn the side and cook till light brown in color.
- Once it is done on both sides , put the vegetable mixture at the center and roll the omelette.
- Garnish with cheese (optional).