- 10 to 12 large prawns
- ½ tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 1 tbsp tamarind pulp
- Rice powder [coarsely ground]
- Oil for frying
Frying of fish is an art and needs patience. The more crispy the fish the more tastier it is to eat.The marinade helps to kill the strong smell of the fish. Fry the prawns on slow flame until crisp on one side and then turn otherwise they turn soggy. These prawns are eaten along with rice and fish curry.
- Shell the prawns and devein them.
- Make a cut along the vein to prevent the prawns from curling while frying them.
- In a small bowl make a paste of chilli powder, turmeric powder,tamarind paste and salt.
- Apply this paste to the prawns and marinate them for 15 minutes.
- Now roll the prawns in the rice flour and shallow fry them in oil. Cook on slow flame .Turn to the other side when cooked and crisped.
- In case the coarse rice powder is not available then mix together the fine rice powder and semolina (Rawa)