- 2 cups yam (cleaned and cut) ¾ cup sugar 1 tablespoon ghee (clarified butter) 1 teaspoon elaichi (cardamom) powder
This Suran ka Halwa or Yam Jam can be eaten with paratha or chapathi or accompanying a simple meal to enhance the dinner by giving a rich feel.
- Steam the Yam/ Suran and mash it well to form a smooth paste.
- Take a non-stick pan and add the ghee.
- Now add the yam mixture, sugar and cook it on slow flame.
- The mixture leaves the sides once its ready.
- Sprinkle elaichi/ cardamom powder and mix it well.
- The Yam Jam is ready. It can last for upto 2-3 days if refrigerated.