- For Strawberry crush: 10 strawberries 3 teaspoon sugar For creamy sauce: 1/2 litre milk 3 teaspoon cornflour 3 teaspoon sugar ½ teaspoon vanilla essence 10 strawberries for slicing
Strawberries taste great with vanilla ice-cream. This recipe provides a lip smacking alternative to ice-cream. With this thick creamy sauce that provides a perfect contrast to the tanginess of the strawberries. It is by far the healthiest option to either cream or ice-cream and tastes even better. This sauce is a perfect topping for mangoes too.
For Creamy sauce:
- Take ½ cup of cold milk and make a smooth paste with the cornflour.
- Boil the ½ litre milk for 10 to 15 minutes to condense/reduce by evaporation.
- Add the cornflour paste slowly.
- Add sugar on a low flame and stir it continuously to avoid formation of lumps.
- Cook for about 4 minutes till the sauce thickens.
- The thick Sauce is now ready.
- Add Vanilla Essence. Cool it and refrigerate.
For Strawberry crush:
- Take about 10 to 15 strawberries and add 3 teaspoons of sugar and puree them in the blender (Adjust the sugar as per the sweetness of strawberries)
Mix the Strawberry D’Lite:
- Slice the strawberries.
- Now, take a dessert bowl.
- Arrange the strawberry slices at the base and sides.
- Pour the creamy sauce over it and top it with strawberry crush.
- Take a knife or a spatula and swirl it around to create an attractive marble-like effect of red and white swirls.
Strawberry D’Lite is ready to served, chilled!