- 1 cup refined flour 1 cup castor sugar 1 cup oats 2 eggs 1 cup unsalted butter 1 teaspoon baking powder 1 teaspoon orange food colour 1 teaspoon orange essence 1 pinch of salt 1 few orange peel rinds
Orange & Oats Muffins are a great way to enjoy tea-time with hot from the oven muffins made from healthy Oats and with Orange rinds to add the touch of glamourous flavour. A sure hit with all.
- Take a knife and scrape the inner white layer off the orange peels. Take a 2 inch piece of peel and cut into thin long strips.
- Beat butter & sugar together till fluffy.
- Add beaten eggs.
- Sieve flour & baking powder together.
- Add flour mixture and oats while continuing to beat all the time.
- Add orange essence, orange food colour, orange rinds and a pinch of salt.
- Put in the muffins mould and bake it at 200C for 15 to 20 minutes. Check using a knife if they are properly baked (the knife should not have any dough sticking to it, it should come out clean)
- The orange & oats muffins are ready to serve.