- 5 to 6 Juicy variety of mangoes
- 1 cup grated coconut
- 1 teaspoon chilli powder
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1 tablespoon grated jaggery
- Salt to taste
MANGO SASAV CURRY (ORIGINAL RECIPE)
What’s good about this Mango Sasav Curry is that it requires no cooking. Quick to prepare and very tasty.The mangoes required are the succulent variety (ghota) but one can make it with any other types of mangoes too for eg. pairi mangoes.
- Peel off the mango skin. Squeeze the mangoes to obtain juicy pulp. Leave some pulp on the kernel.
- In a dry pan crackle the mustard seeds.
- Grind the coconut along with the chilly powder to a fine paste.During the last round add mustard seeds and churn only once.(too much grinding of mustard seeds will make the dish bitter)
- In a bowl mix together the mangoes, coconut paste , salt and jaggery.
- The jaggery has to be dissolved properly.
- The sasav is ready to eat.
- It is a real treat for the mango lovers.