- Cocoa powder 4 tbsp
- Milk 2 cups
- Sugar ½ cup
- Custard powder ½ tbsp
- Vanilla essence ½ tsp
- Salt 1 pinch
- Butter 1 tbsp
A simple and basic chocolate sauce that can be used as a topping for any dessert such as ice creams, cakes, pastries, or as an ingredient for their preparation or even for other sweet confectionery such as pies, tarts, puddings etc.
- In a bowl mix cocoa powder & custard powder.
- Add milk and mix it together till smooth and well dissolved.
- Heat a pan, add butter, then the above milk mixture and stir.
- Add sugar, vanilla essence and salt.
- Cook on a slow flame till it thickens.
- Once cooled the sauce will thicken further.
- If you find the consistency too thick for your liking, you can add 1 tsp water before use.