- 1 ½ cups rawa/ semolina ½ cup ghee/ clarified butter 1 cup milk 4 elaichi/ cardamoms 1 cup dahi/doi/ curd 1 cup sugar ¼ teaspoon soda bicarb
Gup-Chup Poli is a simple rural style eggless cake popular in the state of Maharashtra. This recipe is the one I picked up from my neighbour Mali moushi who is a great with all types of Maharashtrian cooking especially Malwani & Karwari cuisine.
- Blend well together the sugar in the ghee.
- Then add to this curd, milk and soda bicarb and mix well with beating.
- Add in the rawa/ semolina and beat well.
- Add raisins to it and mix well.
- Pour the batter on the greased tin (greased with ghee/ clarified butter). Sprinkle elaichi & bake for 30 minutes.
- The gup-chup poli or cake is ready.