- 1 cup fove/ poha/ beaten rice ¼ cup grated coconut 1 tablespoon sugar 2 teaspoons water 1 pinch of salt 1 pinch elaichi / cardamom powder optional 1 green chilly broken Oil or ghee for frying
This variety of preparing beaten rice/ Poha/ Pova/ Fove is unbelieveably easy to make, tasty & filling as well as healthy too.
Common in the Goan state as evening snacks. Though this is ideally made in ghee, the more calorie conscious could use alternative oils. The grated coconut & sugar give this crispy dish a juicy sweet texture and flavor that is simply irrestible.
- Deep fry the beaten rice / fove/ pova/ pohe (no need to wash) in small portions in order to make them crispy & crunchy.
- The crisp pohe should remain white in colour (do not allow to turn brown)
- Now mix together salt, sugar, water, cardamom powder with grated coconut.
- In a bowl mix the crisp pohe/ fove, with the above mixture and add a green chilly.
- The fulaylle fove is ready to be served.