- 1 cup deseeded dates chopped
- 3 cups milk
- ½ cup sugar
- ¾ cup butter or ghee
- 1 cup cashew nuts or almonds
A highly sweet and rich sweet prepared from Khajoor (dates). As dates are rich in its own natural sweetness, it can also be made with minimum or no sugar.
- Melt the butter or ghee and soak the dates in it for at least 3-4 hours.
- Boil milk in a pan and reduce it to a thick consistency (like basundi/ condensed milk)
- Add sugar, dates and boil to cook till all the milk dries up and butter/ghee separates.
- Garnish with full or slivers of cashew nuts or almonds