- 1 ¾ cup flour
- 1 ½ cup sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 4 eggs
- 1 ¾ cup butter
- 1 cup sugar for caramel
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tsp mix spice powder of mace and cinnamon
- 2 cups dry fruits –orange wrinds, cashewnuts, almonds, raisins
- 1 tsp water
Let us make this Christmas special by baking a perfect Christmas cake. This recipe was given to me by a friend [ Kunda Mambre] and it was a total success. So ,do try it .
- Make a caramel with 1 cup sugar and 1 tsp water.
- Heat the sugar in a pan along with the water and allow it to caramelize.Then add hot milk to this and mix it well. Cool this.
- Sieve the flour, baking powder and spice powder.
- Roll the dry fruits in the above flour.
- In the mixer grind the sugar. Add the butter and the eggs and churn it well.
- Remove from the mixer into a large bowl . Slowly fold in the flour and beat the batter well.
- Finally add the caramel beating all the time.
- Pour the batter into a greased tin and bake at 180 C.