- 1 cup maida/ refined flour 3 tablespoon salted butter ½ cup sugar 1 tablespoon milk powder 2 eggs ¼ teaspoon baking powder ¼ teaspoon soda-bicarbonate ½ teaspoon vanilla essence 1 tablespoon cocoa powder 1 pinch of instant coffee 1 tablespoon rum (optional) 1 tablespoon raisins & cashewnuts
This is a simple chocolate cake but the rum & raisins with the cashew give it a very luxurious flavor that will ensure a compliment from your guests & family.
- Soak the raisins & cashewnuts for 5-6 hours in Rum.
- Seive the maida/ refined flour, coffee, baking powder, cocoa & milk powder.
- Blend the butter and sugar together.
- Whisk the eggs(whole eggs) properly.
- Add the whisked eggs to the butter+sugar mixture.
- Now to create the batter slowly fold in the dry ingredients sieved earlier into this egg+butter+sugar mixture and blend well. Folding is a technique of moving the spatula in circles of 8 and turning the spatula to ensure proper homogenized blending.
- Add soda-bicarb and mix well.
- Add the rum & raisins, cashewnuts mixture & vanilla essence and mix well.
- Grease the muffin moulds or the cake mould/ baking pan well with butter and pour the batter into it.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- The cake is ready to be served.