- 2 cups mawa/ khoya/ khava 3 tablespoons milk ½ cup sugar 2 tablespoons cocoa 2 tablespoons chopped walnuts, almonds ½ teaspoon vanilla essence
One of my favourite flavours is chocolate and this is one more way to relish the same.
The sticky, chewy, toffee like feel makes the chocolate flavor go into every flavoursome cell of your taste buds.
It’s a great way to spend a leasurely Sunday afternoon after a light meal with a few blocks of this nutty chocolate fudge and a great book to read.
- Grate the mawa (dried whole milk/ thickened milk/ milk solids) & add the cocoa, milk & sugar.
- Cook the above mixture on a slow flame till it thickens and starts leaving the sides.
- Add vanilla essence.
- Pour it in a flat greased plate.
- Sprinkle the dry nuts & press them into the fudge.
- Refrigerate to harden. Fudge is not meant to harden completely and will remain somewhat goey & chewy, that’s how the kids love it too.
- Cut this nutty chocolate fudge into convenient squares and serve.