- 2 cups maida (refined flour) 2 cups castor sugar 1 cup cocoa powder 4 eggs 1 cup butter 1 teaspoon vanilla essence 1 teaspoon baking powder ½ teaspoon soda bicarbonate 1 cup milk
Chocolate cake, a very sinful delight that all gourmands just cannot miss or do without. A bakers delight since my recipes are always easy to grasp as well as require minimum effort. The results though are far from simple and will leave your guests with a lost look on their glad faces.
- Sift flour, cocoa, and baking powder together.
- Beat butter and castor sugar together till the yellow colour changes to white colour.
- Beat the eggs and add to the batter.
- Slowly add the flour in portions to the batter and fold it in.
- Add milk and soda bicarb and beat it well to dropping consistency.
- Grease a tin container with butter and dust finely with some maida (refined flour).
- Add the batter to this container and bake it in a preheated oven.
- Toppings of chocolate chips is optional.