- 1 ¼ cup maida/ refined flour ½ cup oil 1 cup sugar 2 eggs 2 teaspoons baking powder 2 teaspoons vanilla essence 6 teaspoon cocoa powder 1 cup milk or water 1 pinch of salt
This is a simple chocolate cake but the butter is replaced with oil to make the cake more fluffy, with less effort on beating as well as less likelier recipe to flop for a novice cook. Additionally it is also a heathier option.
- Seive the maida/ refined flour, baking powder, cocoa, sugar & salt.
- Pre heat the oven to 180C.
- Grease the cake tin with butter. Sprinkle little maida over the greased tin.
- Separate the egg whites from the yolks. Whisk the egg whites properly till fluffy.
- In a bowl, combine milk or water, oil, vanilla essence, egg yolks and beaten egg whites.
- Pour this into the maida mix.
- Blend everything together until smooth with a hand blender moving it in a single direction.
- Pour the batter into the greased tin and bake it for about 35-45 minutes.
- The cake can be dressed with various sauces of your choice like chocolate sauce, honey, custard apple / strawberry crushes etc.
- The chocolate cake is ready to be served.