- 1 large cup Red Carrots (grated)
- ¾ cups granulated small grain sugar
- 1 cup flour/ maida
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup refined oil
- ½ teaspoon cardamom powder
You can eat it plain, or you can eat it with chocolate sauce. A healthier option to your normal cake, Carrot Cake is one of healthiest and most fulfilling cakes.
- In a bowl, mix together the grated carrots and sugar and keep it aside for some time. The carrots lose the moisture in the form of water that dissolves the sugar. Mix it well to further dissolve the sugar.
- Strain the flour and baking powder 3 times and keep it aside as well. This makes the cake fluffy.
- In another bowl, beat the eggs and add oil. Beat well once more.
- Now, add the carrots and sugar mixture to the egg mixture and mix well.
- Add the flour to the other ingredients and slowly mix well. Also add the cardamom powder to it.
- Cut out butter paper and line the container with it. Also grease the container with butter.
- Put the batter in the well-greased container and bake it in an oven at 180°C for 35 to 40 minutes.