- 1 cup milk 1 slice of bread 1 egg ¼ cup sugar ¼ cup sugar for caramel ½ teaspoon vanilla essence ½ teaspoon water
Caramel Pudding is one of the traditional yet simple puddings and with Christmas so close…just the right time to share with all you love.
- Soak the bread slice in the milk for 2 minutes.
- Now blend together in a mixer the milk, egg and sugar. Add in the vanilla essence and mix.
- Take an aluminium tin and add 1 teaspoon water. Heat the tin on a slow flame and add the sugar. Hold the tin with a holder and caramelize the sugar till amber colour, by moving the tin slowly to ensure that the heat is evenly distributed on the tin to avoid charring.
- Now pour the blended pudding mixture on the caramel and steam for 20 minutes in a steamer without covering. You can also use the pressure cooker vessel for this but don’t use the lid & whistle. Large quantity can be made by doubling the quantity.
- Once cool, just turn it upside down slowly, taking care to maintain the whole shape.
- The caramel pudding is ready to be sliced and served.