- 1 cup maida
- ½ teaspoon carom seeds (ajwain)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup milk
- A pinch of baking soda
Who doesn’t like the famous Indian Parathas? A soft bread roti made from maida / refined flour that is popular in North Indian cuisine and is ususally made in a tandoor oven. This simpified version is made at home on a tava pan resulting in the same delicious feel. This tava paratha will give a restaurant feel to your dinner.
- Mix all the ingredients.
- Knead the batter.
- Cover it with a moist cloth for ½ an hour.
- Make 8 equal size balls
- Roll out the balls into triangular shape.
- Sprinkle little water on the surface of the paratha.
- Roast the paratha on the wet side first. Then turn the side till half cooked.
- Now roast the paratha directly on the flame, like you roast a phulka.
- Apply ghee or butter on it. The Tava paratha is ready to be served hot.