- 1 Kg Chicken cut into pieces 2 bunches spinach (for estimate of bunch refer photo) 4 to 5 medium sized chopped onions 4 medium sized chopped tomatoes 5 green chillies (peppers) Juice of 1 lemon 2 Bayleaves-spice (Tamal Patra) 1 teaspoon cumin seeds-spice (Jeera) 1 teaspoon chilli (red peppers) powder ½ teaspoon turmeric powder 1 ½ teaspoon coriander powder 1 ½ teaspoon cumin power 1 tablespoon Ginger-Garlic paste 4 tablespoon ghee Salt to taste 1 teaspoon sugar 1 cup of water ½ cup cream (Malai) 1 teaspoon Kasoori Methi
Chicken Palak is a simple chicken preparation in thick gravy made from spinach. The dish is a healthy and tasty main dish for any dinner. It combines the best vegan concept with chicken resulting in a low spice chicken. It is usually accompanied with biryani rice preparation, but also is great with nans or paratha breads.
- Marinate the chicken with salt and lemon juice for at least 1 hour.
- Blanche the spinach leaves in hot water for 2 minutes. Drain, refresh in cold water and puree them in a mixer (blender) along with green chillies(peppers).
- Heat ghee and add cumin seeds and bayleaves. Add the chopped onions and fry till golden brown. Add Ginger-garlic paste and all the dry ingredients and fry till oil separates. Add tomatoes and cook well.
- Add the marinated chicken and fry well. Add the spinach puree, salt to taste and a pinch of sugar and cook it in one cup of water till gravy thickens. Sprinkle KasooriMethi
- Finally, add the whipped cream and serve piping hot.